Sunday

You Just Know...

Do you remember the moment you met the one person who you knew you would spend the rest of your life with? How about the first words they ever spoke to you?

I do...

I remember them as if they just happened yesterday.

I can still see the look he had on his face. The smile not only across his lips but the one he carried in his eyes are seared into my memory so deep I see it daily. There is no way to describe it in a way that anyone could understand it the way I do. I could compare it to something you see in the movies but it was so much more.

What comes next is the first touch. I knew right then and there this was it. This is who I was meant to be with. Does that sound silly? I mean they always say you just know right? So maybe its not so silly. I have to admit that it never felt that way to me. I felt as though the both of us were placed together by fate.

We have a connection that I can honestly say most people in the world have not either been lucky enough to experience on their own or refused to allow themselves the opportunity to experience.

Over the years I have watched friends in their relationships, not all mind you, but a good majority who are miserable. Actually I can even include a ton of family members in that statement if I want to be brutally honest.

They don't laugh. They don't play. They don't look into the eyes of the one they love and become lost. They don't sit around during the day and drift off into little "daydreams". Their eyes don't light up when they talk about the one they supposedly love.

I consider myself lucky. I am privileged. I am in love.

We still laugh. We still play. I still look into his eyes everyday and become lost. I sit at work and catch myself drifting off in thought of him and I know when someone asks me about him, my eyes sparkle like stars in the night sky.

Michael is my best friend. Micheal is my other half... My soulmate... I don't really want to steal cheesy movies lines but the "You complete me line" from Jerry McGuire is true in my case but you know what else? It's an understatement as well because it is so much more.... Wow... So much more...

3 comments:

Aunt Jackie said...

Really moving stuff! I like your sappy page... I must use it with caution though, because i'm very over-emotional and it might cause me to get way too misty!! :)

Good Job!

BTW: How long have you guys been together?

Chalice said...

Aunt Jackie.. Thanks for coming by :) It means alot to see you here. I am over emotional too and just so you know as I write some of these things I myself am shedding tears... They are always tears of happiness but they are still there...

We have been together, well officially living together since December. However we were best friends for a year and things just blossomed from there...

Scarlett said...

This is a lovely blog Chalice, I'm sorry I hadn't looked at it before now. I'm so happy for the two of you, I'm always so glad to see someone find their other half. I know that feeling you're talking about, I had it and still do with my husband and it makes life worth all the pain it gives us just to be able to say we felt that...Love.

I too have seen my friends struggle with finding that ONE person that makes them whole and I long to be able to share it with them, it's hard to have a great thing and not want to share it with those you love or care about.

I call Jason my best friend and soul mate and I'm glad that you have that now too. : ) Geez I'm actually misty eyed from reading this post, it's good thought...to remember how blessed I am!

Take care Chica...